Error Delete Deployment

Hello!
In our version of CAMUNDA, we use more than 100 deployment bpmn processes.
After upgrading to version 7.7.0 -> 7.8.0, we can no longer delete any processes.

Could not delete deployment: ENGINE-03005 Execution of ‘DELETE TaskEntity[3b3a02ea-ae55-11e7-bd2f-024296a04025]’ failed. Entity was updated by another transaction concurrently.

Could not delete deployment: ENGINE-03005 Execution of ‘DELETE VariableInstanceEntity[c9fa81c0-ab45-11e7-9c16-0242cf76e711]’ failed. Entity was updated by another transaction concurrently.

I ask you to suggest what the problem may be …

Hi @ntdim1973,
can you give more details?

1. How do you delete the deployment? REST API / Java API? Which specific call?
  2. You have running process instances at the moment, when deleting the deployment, aren’t you?
  3. Full stacktrace
  1. From the CAMUNDA interface
  2. Yes, and I choose Cascade
  3. catalina.2017-12-04.txt (116.9 KB)

What database are you using?

Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
“CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production”
TNS for Solaris: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

If this helps, in the migration process we turned off history management.

Can you try to switch off batch JDBC processing in engine configuration like this:

<property name="jdbcBatchProcessing" value="false"/>

It should work on Oracle 12, but let’s be sure, that this is not the reason of the problem.

Yes, it works!
But the property should look like this
<property name="jdbcBatchProcessing">false></property>
otherwise the xml cannot be parsed

thank you

Hi @NikVit,
thank you for your feedback.

This is actually weird, as batch processing must work on Oracle 12 (but not Oracle 10 or 11). Could you may be check, if you are using some kind of compatibility mode in your database?

I think it is described here: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/upgrd/what-is-oracle-database-compatibility.html#GUID-551DEA35-0A31-4D1C-A367-AFAF8906AEC8
Can you may be run this query on your database:
SELECT name, value FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'compatible';

This could help us to understand, in which cases batch processing can not be used.

Best regards,
Svetlana

Hi!
My Oracle version is
Your query returned:
Name Value
compatible 12.0.0

Best Regards,
NikVit

1 Like

Thank you! This is very valuable information for us.
We’re testing batch processing feature on Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 compatible with 12.1.0.2.0, which differs from your compatibility level.

Side note. Though it was not the subject of your question, you can consider changing compatibility value in order to use batch processing, which can improve performance significantly.

Thank you! That helped.