Engine Interaction

Hey,

ic have one easy question, I am Thinking about letting two processes on different engines interact and influence each other so that one engine starts a process in the other with a response and other way round. I am thinking about using the RESt-Engine. Is this the best approach or are there better ways?

I am very new to Camunda so i am not very well know with the Interfaces Camunda maybe has for this purpose.

Thanks for response

Hi @vaiquero,

Camunda has two interfaces for engine access, a Java and a REST API. Which of these is better suited depends on your use case. Both are generally suited for cross-engine interaction. Please ask if you need pointers to get started with either of those.

Cheers,
Thorben

Thanks for the fast Response.

The use case is, that the engines are on different Servers in different networks, cause every engine belongs to a different Company. So what i want is that on one engine a process is startet, the process then should start on another engine another processā€¦ for example in process a order is maken and to check the payments it will start another process on antoher engine, hand over the customer informations and wait for a positive/negative responseā€¦ So i think the Rest engine ist the best option, and i found an article

https://blog.camunda.org/post/2015/08/start-and-complete-process-with-rest-api/

but had no time 'til now to read it in detail but sounds like the solution i need.