ENGINE-02004 No outgoing sequence flow for the element with id

Hi,

I am using a Business Rule Task with a delegate expression and I am getting this error when I execute it : ENGINE-02004 No outgoing sequence flow for the element with id ‘ExclusiveGateway_1f73mfp’ could be selected for continuing the process.
I set the result variable in the delegate and can see the result in the debugger , like this :
execution.setVariable(“result”, result);
I have attached the bpmn xml.
Please help me resolve this.
Thanks.
setExecutor.xml (5.4 KB)

Icould get this to working by setting the result variable to singleEntry output, so something like this :
String Singleresult = decisionTableResult.getSingleResult().getSingleEntry();
execution.setVariable(“result”, Singleresult);

Hi @droy,

when you use an exclusive gateway then you should have a default outgoing sequence flow which has no condition. So you can prevent this kind of error if no condition is satisfied.

Best regards,
Philipp

1 Like

Hi @Philipp_Ossler,
Thanks for your reply.
I agrre with you about putting one of the sequence flow as default, but I was evaluating a scenario and hence didnt want to do that at that point in time.
Thanks

I’ve got the same error code with the following BPMN, at the ExclusiveGateway_10friym (“is eligible ?”).

My process simply ignores the refundEligibility DMN table. I know the latter is well deployed since other processes can use it correctly. But launchCancel process simply skips it :slight_smile:‘ENGINE-02004 No outgoing sequence flow for the element with id ‘ExclusiveGateway_10friym’ could be selected for continuing the process.’
isEligible variable is present from the beginning of the process. No execution trace for decision in cockpit and REST history…

I have this error when trying to complete the very first external task. It directly flies to the X gateway.

launchCancel.bpmn (28.5 KB)

Additionnaly here is the DMN supposed to be called. Let me know if it works with you.

eligibilityTable.dmn (24.1 KB)

Thanks and good evening

Hi @pvermeil,

please provide the history data of the process instance, variable and the decision.
Please ensure that you set the history level to FULL to write history for decisions.

Best regards,
Philipp

My history level is already at full. So here are the historic process instances (see the launchCancel processes launched today)

https://pastebin.com/yddMbbyv

My decision history here :
https://pastebin.com/8ycnfpFP

The point is that refundEligibility decision is called by another process than ran before launchCancel, and the only instance of it that I can see in cockpit is from this process. Here are my process instance variables :
https://pastebin.com/i1M4q6zh

In the docs it is said that business rule tasks are synchronous, so I don’t understand why I have an error completing my first task with a gateway which is behind decision, and based on the result of it.

edit : I updated the BPMN and redeployed it in case it was a bad modelling issue. But when I start the process, it stills trigger an error with the old modelled gateway id. I replaced it with a new one though.

Thanks

Hi @pvermeil,

please try to mark the exclusive gateway as async-before and provide the historic variable data (i.e. ACT_HI_VARINST + ACT_HI_DETAIL). Maybe we can see there the variable get lost.

Best regards,
Philipp

Thanks for your answer. I finally escaped from this issue by undeploying / redeploying. The engine was stuck running the v5 as the v7 was deployed. Afterwards the problem was found to be a bad connector name for the HTTP Rest task that are behind (in parallel). I gave them custom name but it was required to be “http-connector” for proper Rest call.

This kind of error seems to be detected soon enough to make the gateway before it trigger the error, am I right ?
Still, I don’t get why it was the old version that was launched.

Have a good day

Hi @pvermeil,

I’m not sure about it. The error seems to be related to the exclusive gateway. If the transactions rolls back because of a non-existing connector then it would another error.

Best regards,
Philipp

How can we set Default Sequence flow to an exclusive gateway using Camunda Fluent Builder API.