@EnableProcessApplication problem during building process

Hi everyone,

currently I am trying to setup Camunda via Spring Boot following the get started tutorial. But instead of Maven I have to use Gradle as buildingtool in Eclipse.

In step 3 of the tutorial I have to add the @EnableProcessApplication to my class. I also added the META-INF folder in src/main/resources with the empty processes.xml.

Now I try to build my project but during the test it throws an error, which is shown in the .txt file.
Failed to load ApplicationContext (71.4 KB)

The reason why I think it is because of @EnableProcessApplication is, that the build process is succesfull, when I remove @EnableProcessApplication. Just to note, I have no experience with Java.

thank you
Jonthan

Have you considered using https://start.camunda.com/ to create your project?

1 Like

My project is to get to know Camunda and how to set it up with Eclipse, Spring and Gradle. I am not 100% certain but at this point the initializr can’t help. Firstly because the Initializr is using Maven, secondly because without @EnableProcessApplication Camunda is already working.

Edit: I also don’t understand the benefit of @EnableProcessApplication. Why it is optional and for what reason it is recommanded?

For everyone that have a similar issue while doing Spring Boot Camunda Tutorial, here is my solution:

Instead of using the material offerd via git, I tried to creat everything by my self. For that reason I also created the .bpmn Model by myself. There the mistak happend, which led to my problem. I forgot to name the process “loanApproval”. To that time I didn’t know that this is also the key, which is necessary for the method “runtimeService.startProcessInstanceByKey(“loanApproval”)”. After renaming the process model properly, the building process was doing fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting your solution!
Hope it’s all easy going from here :slight_smile: