Embedded Forms without Java?

Hello all,

sorry for the newbie question. I would like to use an embedded form in Camunda. The introductions I have seen so far always create a Maven project. Is there any way to create an embedded form without Java knowledge? If so what must I do?

Thanks for your help :grinning:

Hi @Matki,

you can edit the embedded forms in a text editor, deploy them together with the BPMN file where you reference the form in the user tasks with embedded:deployment:FORM_NAME.html: User Task Forms | docs.camunda.org.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thank you @Ingo_Richtsmeier for your reply.

I have referenced my file in the modeler as follows:

But where do I have to save the file? At the moment I get the following error message:

I have orientated myself on the Invoice example, because here the HTML file is saved in the Forms folder. But which folder do I have to take/create for my example that it works?

Hi @Matki,

I followed your statement

Your reference needs at least Maven knowledge to package the application and deploy it to the application server.

You can store the files anywhere on your computer and deploy them together with the process model into the database. The engine will pick it up from there if you reference them with embedded:deployment:FORM_NAME.html.

When you deploy the process from the modeler, in the latest version you can select additional files for upload. This would be your forms.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thank you @Ingo_Richtsmeier :smiley: