Element Templates with Dropdown doesn't seem to work

Hi, I’ve added a subfolder .camunda\element-templates some directories above my models and placed a copy of the Mail Task template found at https://github.com/camunda/camunda-modeler/tree/master/docs/element-templates (with changed name and id). All newly (re-)opened models have the new template active. Simple changes to this work fine.

If there’s a json error in the file (for example a missing , between the properties) the log insides the modeler (and the npm log) shows a clean warning message (an error in npm log) and the single element template where the error occurs can’t be chosen. This is very fine, too.

The problem occurs when adding a property with the dropdown type: there is no message in the log and the element template dropdown is not available itself any more (I cannot apply a template to any element).

Any idea what is happening? Is there a workaround to get this working and/or an option to show a debug message why the element templates are not rendered any more? You find my test template attached: MT.json (1.7 KB)

Note: I’m using current camunda-modeler master.

try this
{
“label”: “Task Priority”,
“type”: “Dropdown”,
“value”: “50”,
“choices”: [
{ “name”: “low”, “value”: “20” },
{ “name”: “medium”, “value”: “50” },
{ “name”: “height”, “value”: “100” }
],
“binding”: {
“type”: “property”,
“name”: “camunda:priority”
}
}

Please do not necrobump old topics. Instead link to this thread from new topic.