Element Template inputParameter default ype "list"

Hello,

I wanted to know if there was some possibility to set hidden input parameters as type “list” and not “text”

create_entity.json (366 Bytes)

1 Like

What kind of functionality exactly are you trying to achieve?

I would like to get “sender” input parameters default type as “list” and not “text” with element template.

But I doesn’t seems to find it in the documentation.

I’m actually wondering why you’re using input parameters instead of just using a process instance variable.

1 Like

The feature that is asked about is Element Templates: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-modeler/tree/master/docs/element-templates

I have External Service Task and I need to pass an array element to such task with hardcoded list of parameters (for particular selected element template).

I do understand that I can define (manually) process variable and embedd it into camunda:inputParameter via Element Template property of "Hidden" type. This approach will work, but it won’t simplify the life of the Analyst (that I am creating Element Templates for), and contrary, it can make things more complex, since the External Task added that way would start requiring some “magic” process variable…

I do understand that to workaround, I can add additional start listener in the same Element Template and define java.util.ArrayList local variable to be embedded into camunda:inputParameter, but it appears to be rather hacky approach compared to direct support for camunda:list inside camunda:inputParameter into Element Templates.

The question is:

Is there Camunda Modeler Element Template support for camunda:list inside camunda:inputParameter?

For anyone who encounters this thread: as of time of this writing, there are following open issues in Modeler GitHub: