Dynamic Name for Subprocess

I have a multi instance subprocess. I want to dynamically assign a name for the subprocess based on element variable value from the Loop collection.

For example, my element variable is sys and i want to name my subprocess as ${sys.systemName} so that each instance of subprocess will have unique name. I did tried this way and it did not work.

Is there a way i can achieve this?

@ChandruM, In this example, service task sets list of elements to the variable arrList and same used in multi instance collection variable, and i configured element variable for iterating through the list and the same was i configured in the task name ${element} SubProcess to the activity.

Lets say arrList = [Task1,Task2,Task3], then in

• 1st iteration element=Task1 and the subprocess name would be Task1 SubProcess assigned at runtime
  • 2nd iteration element=Task2 and the subprocess name would be Task2 SubProcess assigned at runtime
  • 3rd iteration element=Task3 and the subprocess name would be Task3 SubProcess assigned at runtime

Note: This can be achieved for any type of multi instance activity(MI usertask, MI servicetask, MI subprocess, etc) in the bpmn process

1 Like

I tried giving expression similar like your example ${element} Process where element is element variable of my multi instance process, but it did not work for me. it is showing same ${element} Process as the called process instance name

Hello @Meenakshi ,

could you please open a new topic on this? Also, I think I heard the questions one or two times already:

https://www.google.com/search?q=camunda+dynamic+task+name+site:forum.camunda.io&rlz=1C5GCEM_enDE948DE948&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi11Jv-i8L_AhUNxAIHHSIlBY4QrQIoBHoECBgQBQ&biw=1792&bih=1009&dpr=2

Jonathan