Dynamic Control of Job Executor in Shared Camunda Process Engine

Can the job executor be controlled dynamically in a shared process engine (Camunda 7.6.2 on WildFly 10.1) running in a cluster? What I want to do is to be able to take a Camunda instance “out” of the cluster without having to shut it down. I just want it to stop acquiring jobs. For example, if I wanted to perform maintenance on WildFly without shutting it down, I would want to set something like “jobExecutorActivate” to FALSE, perform the work, then set it to TRUE.

Thanks.

Michael

Hi Michael,

On Tomcat, the job executor can be started and stopped via a JMX management bean. Im not sure if the same exists on wildfly, but if you can bring up a JMX console, it may be worth a look. Your JDK may include a JMX console via use of jconsole or jvisualvm or similar…

regards

Rob

Can you provide the domain and/or name of that MBean, please?

Thanks for the help, Rob.

Michael

Hi Michael,

On windows/Tomcat, I can use Java Mission Control (jmc.exe) as the MBean client.

Hence i can see an MBean for org.camunda.bpm.platform.job-executor (default). There is a start and shutdown methods exposed…

regards

Rob

Where is that on the MBean tree? Is it a top level domain like “java.lang” or is it sitting underneath something? I’m not seeing it and it may just be that it’s not included in the WildFly distribution, though MBeans are pretty generic, so I’d wonder why it wasn’t.

Thanks, Rob.