Docker: Number of Users, Instances, data persistence

Dear all,

In the context of camunda docker images/container we currently encounter the following questions:

In case I run camunda with the standard docker image I assume there is no limit for the number of users. Is that correct?
Is it possible to run different instances of my camunda docker image on different end points?

In case of data persistence: Is it assured that if i shut down my docker workflow container that the data (workflow instances etc.) is stored somewhere and by the next run it will be available again or do they get lost?

I would highly appreciate any feedback!

Best Regards
Max

Hi @MSc_Conet

In case I run camunda with the standard docker image I assume there is no limit for the number of users. Is that correct?

Correct. There are no restrictions for storing users. You can store any number of users.

Is it possible to run different instances of my camunda docker image on different end points?

Correct.

In case of data persistence: Is it assured that if i shut down my docker workflow container that the data (workflow instances etc.) is stored somewhere and by the next run it will be available again or do they get lost?

It’s the user’s responsibility to take care of the data persistence with Docker containers. The data persists when the container exits. I would recommend you to review the following article Manage data in Docker | Docker Docs

Regards,
Alex

Thanks for the response.

In the docker context we are currently facing the requirement to build an own pre-configured docker image which fulfills the customers requirement specifications. Into this image it would be required to integrate the camunda application. Do you know if and how this is possible ?

Best Regards
Max

Hi @MSc_Conet
I do not know any reason why it could not be possible. I believe it should be a pretty straightforward process.

Regards,
Alex

Hi @Alex_Voloshyn

thanks for the response :slight_smile:

Do you perhaps have any documentation for that?

BR
Max

@MSc_Conet
I would recommend you to review the following project https://github.com/camunda/docker-camunda-bpm-platform. I should give an idea of how to build your own image if required.