Dmn exception in DmnTask but not in DecisionService

I have a bit of a conundrum. I’ve got a decision table, input is a list of string “whoknowsList” and I have a rule

(some whatzit in whoknowsList satisfies list contains([“somesome”,“bahumbug”], whatzit))

now this works fine if I call it via decisionService but if I call it using a BusinessRule task (in the same JVM) in BPMN it gives me exception:

“FEEL/SCALA-01008 Error while evaluating expression: failed to evaluate expression ‘(some whatzit in whoknowsList satisfies list contains([“somesome”,“bahumbug”], whatzit))’: expect List but found ‘ValString([“somesome”,“bahumbug”])’”

Is there a difference in what dmn logic is used depending on if its called via bpmn or decisionService? Or am I just missing something

Hi @JarlSeverin,

please take a deeper look at the variables that are used.

The failure message indicates that a variable (I assume it is whoknowsList) is a string but should be a list.

This could be related to the serialization of process variables.

Does this help you?

Best regards,
Philipp

Hi @Philipp_Ossler
Sorry about the late reply, yes I suspect you are right about the variables, unfortunatly havent had time to test it out yet as other things in production have been needing my focus and this is just in development.
BUT if it is the variables then I find the error message quit missleading.

the [“somesome”,“bahumbug”] is not an input variable but is defined in the rule

Are you sure about it?

I’m wondering because ["somesome","bahumbug"] looks like a list literal. So, I assumed that the failure is probably in the variable whoknowsList.

Please share your DMN and the process variables that used in the DMN.