DMN engine with recent jackson

Hello,

We’re using the wildlfy 7.7.3-ee version of camunda mainly for BPMN workflows that trigger APIs using a jersey-client 2.25.1 which comes with its own jackson 2.8.8 so to make sure we use everywhere the same jackson i created a wildfly module and changed the camunda-spin-dataformat-json-jackson dependency to slot 2.8.8 and until now encountered no problem.

We tried once to use a DMN in one of our workflow but it doesn’t work at all and complains about jackson methods not found.

Do you think it is possible to change anything in config or dependency tree to let DMN work with such a recent jackson version ?

Kr,

Eric

Hi Eric,

could you attach the stacktrace for the jackson error with the DMN engine. As far as I know the DMN engine has no jackson dependency.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Here is the stacktrace :

camunda_dmn.log (116.8 KB)

And here is the dmn i tried to use :
DetermineCustomisationWorkflows.dmn (3.5 KB)

Inside a simple BPMN:
DebugDMN.bpmn (4.0 KB)

And even github project is here : GitHub - ecornely/camunda-dmn-jackson: A dmn sample using jackon 2.8.8 as wildfly module

I’ve updated the unit test in the github repo to highlight that it works well but the problem comes once deployed in a wildfly and I don’t know wildfly enough to track the problem.

I read the thread : Spin Plugin Maintenance - #2 by aakhmerov

As it was stated that it could be a jackson issue solved in 2.9.1 i tried to upgrade jackson everywhere and obtained a new stacktrace: camunda_dmn.log (120.1 KB)

Could you reproduce the issue ?

Do you want me to upload my version of wildfly modified ?