Deploy WAR Files to Spring Boot Camunda Service

Hey.

This is probably a rather dumb question, but is it possible to deploy the WAR Files from the more classical deployment scenario to a Spring Boot Camunda Server?
We have a few different wars, each with their own services, delegates and so on. Merging all of those into one big package seems rather difficult, because there would be naming conflicts.

Is it possible to deploy the wars into this new spring boot server?

We made a few adjustments to the webapps, to use oauth and ldap, but updating to a newer version of camunda is a real pain right now.

I’m not a Spring Boot expert, but i’m pretty sure it’s not really designed to be used that way. In most cases spring boot is intended as an application server for a single service rather than a host for many different services.
I’ve had trouble in the past with a lot of conflicts when trying to run more than one application on spring boot.

Hi @Pommes9485,

you can convert each project from a process application, which is deployed as war, into a Spring-Boot application by changing the pom and the processes.xml.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Ah, yes, that sounds good. In the end I would just need one a tasklist instance, that would aggregate those engines. So X standalone spring boot instances on a single database and a tasklist instance on that database. Correct?

Hi @Pommes9485,

yes.

Hope this helps, Ingo