Delete process Definition Rest API endpoint not working

Hi ,
I use the below method in my REST API to delete a process instance
DELETE /process-definition/key/{key}/delete

Though am able to successfully delete the process definition from my local camunda instance am unable to do the same on a Camunda engine deployed on a server(clustered environment).
I confirmed that the key which I have used is valid.
The error i get is like this -

HTTP Status 404 - Could not find resource for relative : /process-definition/key/Process_key_2101/delete of full path: http://<**serverIP**>:9090/engine-rest/process-definition/key/Process_key_2101/delete

My local camunda version is 7.8 and that of the server is 7.9

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Albin

Hey Albin,

are you sure that you are running the Camunda Server on port 9090?

Cheers, Ben

yes. Very sure

Maybe engine-rest is not deployed on the node that you access from your client?

its deployed on the same node.I have deployed a process instance there and also have updated the same.The problem is with delete rest end point only.

I just verified it with a local instance of 7.9 and it works perfectly fine for me. I guess there must be something wrong with your remote server / cluster / reverse proxy setup.

Hi @benhoffmann ,
Could you please confirm that you have used the below rest end point to delete the deployed process instance.
Delete /engine-rest/process-definition/key/{key}/delete

Thanks ,
Albin

Yep, that’s what I used:

http://localhost:8080/engine-rest/process-definition/key/invoice/delete?cascade=true

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks @benhoffmann ,
Is it mandatory to use the query parameter ‘?cascade=true’.

Regards,
Albin

Hi @Albin_Chandy,

no it’s not, but in my case I had instances running and that is why I used it. If you don’t include it and have instances running, you will get a proper Rest Exception telling you that you can’t delete the definition without cascade.

Best,
Ben