Data Analytics for Camunda

Hello there.

What if I want to gather data from Camunda’s database tables and process variables for data analytics? Is there a suggested way/tool/stack to extract data?

I’d like to create custom visual reports for different models using tools like Tableau, Zeppelin, Databricks and so on, however most data I want to display is stored as process variables in Camunda’s database, so first I need to do some kind of data extraction to ease analytics and visualization.

What approaches do you suggest for such cases? Mainly for data extraction from Camunda’s database.

Looking to do real-time or as snapshots?

Snapshots is realitively easy: use the rest API to pull your data and store it into whatever db like mongo or a Json file.

For ~real-time: you could create a custom history provider. An example: JSON History Provider (usecase: ElasticSearch indexing).

That specific provider we built so we could have engine stats but also process variable stats that were being stored as Json spin variables.

We do have a reporting tool called Optimize thats probably something you’d be interested in.

If you want to learn about it and give it a shot yourself check out this page:
https://camunda.com/products/optimize/

2 Likes