Creating and Authorization users

Hello.
I want to override creation and authorization logic of users. Automatic fill some fields when creating a user and add possibility to authorize not only by id. Is embed service the best way to reach the goal? I’m afraid of problem when merging new version of camunda.
Thank you.

Hi @AlexeyZabolockyi,

you might want to have a look at this: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/user-guide/process-engine/identity-service/

A process engine plugin would be a good way to go here I guess, have a look at how the LDAP plugin does this.

Best,
Tobias

@tmetzke hello. I saw this solution. As i understand i should create my own identity-service and integrate it in camunda, use it instead of DbReadOnlyIdentityServiceProvider, for example, am i right?

Hi @AlexeyZabolockyi,

that’s about it, yeah. As I said, dig a bit trough the code of the LDAP plugin to see how it is done there.

In general you provide your own SessionFactory implementation and pass that on to the ProcessEngineConfiguration by calling its setIdentityProviderSessionFactory in your implementation of the ProcessEnginePlugin interface (i.e. in its preInit method).
The factory is more or less the entry point to your custom code.
You then just have to finally register your plugin in your application and the engine will use the identity service provided by your factory.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Tobias

Looks like i overmind myself in integration question, thanks for the help @tmetzke

You’re welcome, let me know how it went. :+1:

Best,
Tobias

@tmetzke
And here i go again. Hello! Now i have another question.
At this moment i work with camunda-bpm-platform project. I changed DbReadOnlyIdentityServiceProvider on my needs. After i generated jar files and put it into lib folder in camunda platfrorm project. I expected that camunda will work with new logic but it does not happend. What i missed in this solution?