Create Angular UI to work within and outside tasklist

Hi All,

I am new to Camunda and exploring the features and need some advice on the UI part . We are planning to use custom ui and use camunda rest api in our application . Below are my queries.Appreciate your responses

1. Should we use react or Angular . What are the pros and cons of each of these with respect to Camunda .
  2. if we plan to go with Angular and use embed forms , how do we build the UI in a way that it works from camunda task list and outside of camunda task list( angular app + camunda rest api) . Reason for this ask is that when we have some production issue it is easy to debug using the tasklist and cockpit and to see the same form loaded .

Thanks in advance
Dinesh

All ,

Any suggestions here .

Thanks
Dinesh

Hi @dineshsb,

Should we use react or Angular . What are the pros and cons of each of these with respect to Camunda .

From the Camunda perspective there is no difference. Felix has tried three different technologies here: Custom Tasklist examples | Camunda

Use the technology that you are more familiar with.

if we plan to go with Angular and use embed forms , how do we build the UI in a way that it works from camunda task list and outside of camunda task list( angular app + camunda rest api) .

Sorry, me personally can’t give you any details on this, but you can use the formKey as a general description to locate your html snippet, that serves as a form. I haven’t been into Angular and can’t estimate, if you can use Angular technology instead of AngularJS technology, which is used in the tasklist right now.

But Martin has written a blog post how to use react for embedded forms: Using React Forms with Tasklist | Camunda. Maybe you can get some insight here?

Hope this helps, Ingo

2 Likes

Hi @ Ingo_Richtsmeier ,

Thanks very much for providing the detailed explanation . The links shared by you are very helpful for someone who is starting new on Camunda .