Create a custom docker camunda-bpm-platform

Hello, I want to make (slight, actually) improvement to camunda tasklist: in particular, I need to make some css tweaks, add italian language, and some minor UI customization. I think my question is related to this other but I found no answer to the former.

What I did

I enjoyed camunda/camunda-bpm-platform docker image to run camunda easily, so I took this approach:

1. cloned camunda-bpm-webapp and made my customizations
  2. mvn clean package. It works and gives me target/camunda-webapp.war (also much more, but probably this is enough?)
  3. Following the suggestion of slides I found on slideshare (that I cannot link because of the limit of 2 link per post) I wrote this Dockerfile which should give me a bpm platform with customized webapp
  4. run the docker image I just built

The error I have

It seems to work but it really doesn’t: at the login form I can see from the developer console of my browser that plugin.css raises a 500 error, while plugin.js raises a 404 error. The 500 error is, I think, of particular interest, because it says javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class [org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher]

My attempt to debug

I can however see that target/camunda-webapp includes resteasy-jaxrs-2.3.5.Final.jar which in turn includes org/jboss/resteasy/plugins/server/servlet/HttpServletDispatcher.class.
However, resteasy-jaxrs doesn’t seem to be included in camunda-webapp.war.

my questions are:

• is this the right path, overall?
  • do you have any practical suggestions on how to achieve this?

thanks for your help!