Costuming the webapp (with HTML, CSS, JS, ...) : Simple modification of user-styles.css

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

I’m looking to customize the WebApp by modifying the HTML, CSS and JS files that define the appearance of the online application.

My question: is it possible to customize the application without creating a Maven project next to it and without having to create a Grunt file? Is it possible to customize the application simply by modifying html and CSS files?
If yes how?

For example, I just installed Camunda, and there is no project created using the Camunda examples.

I would like to modify the logo in the webapp right away. So I modify the file …camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.13.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.33\webapps\camunda-app\tasklist\styles\user-styles.css as specified in the documentation.

I launch the server. But nothing, no logo change.

I guess, reading the documentation, I have to do a build with Grunt. So I install NodeJS and Grunt.

Then I run the build from …camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.13.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.33\webapps\camunda\camunda\app but Grunt tells me “Fatal error: Unable to find local grunt”. And indeed, there is no GruntFile.

I stopped there, lost in this maze ^^. Can you please help me ?

Thanks in advance !!

Have a nice day :wink:

This post has been duplicated.
I’ll lock this one and answers can be posted on this topic: