Copy from DMN decision table not possible

Hi,

in newest Camunda Modeler version copy of values in DMN decision tables is not possible.

I think its a bug?

Best regards,

Markus

Hi @Markus,

That is strange because it is working for me. Could you provide us information about your operating system?

Best,
Seif

Hi @siffogh

I use Camunda Modeler in version 1.13.0 on macOs Sierra 10.12.6.

Command+C and Command+V for Copy and Paste does not work for me.
In BPMN modeler it works fine but not in DMN modeler.

Best regards,

Markus

Hi @Markus,

I am using the exact same version of OS. Perhaps you are selecting the value and then copy pasting it. What you want to do instead, is just place the cursor in the cell of the value you want to copy and then hit Command + C. Kindly check out the following gif:

copy-DMN

Hi @siffogh

Ok that also works on my environment but what you do is copying the whole rule and not just the value of one input or one output.

Marking the text and than Command+C does not work. So I also cant copy my input juel expression to an text file for example.

Iam not sure if it is a bug or desired behaviour but in my opinion it is no natural or expected behaviour by the enduser. What do you think? :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Markus

Hi @Markus,

Actually I just realised you can still achieve copying the selection if you use CTRL + C instead of Command.

Thank you for reporting this. This is not a desired behaviour and there is already an issue being created for it.

Best,
Seif

Hi siffogh,

Could you please add a link to issue that you are referring to? The copy and paste of text in a cell content is quite annoying if it is not working since I currently need to type it in manually when I create a new DMN table. Instead of raising the question again I can then follow the progress of the ticket. Thanks! (I am currently using version 1.15.1)

With kind regards,
John

Hi @j0hnli, do you still have this issue with the latest releasee of the modeler?

Hi, I am also having this issue with DMN on OSX High Sierra 10.13.5. I have a large table with output values like (1.22931829834631) which I prefer not to have to type, but rather copy.