Conversation between 2 users using camunda

Hi,

Can we use camunda to catch conversation between 2 users?
Example: Coffee Shop Customer Service and serve user based user input, it should interactive:

1. user interact with coffee shop waitress, need a coffee!!
  2. waitress ,responds with which flavor and size etc…

can we do this with camunda??
please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @mahanteesh,

as your described use case sounds pretty much like a workflow, I would say: yes.

Cheers,
Tassilo

Hey there,

you can use Camunda to model a conversation between 2 users.

with BPMN you can model different partys in different pools and you can use message flows for the interaction between the pools.

Cheers,
Nele

3 Likes

Thanks for quick response :slight_smile:

Continuing on this:
User inputs are coming from external application [not in part camunda process] and need to respond it back and answer further req/resp between users.
User1 belongs to another application[rest api] and User2 should be camunda process.
Is it possible??

Hey,

that is totally possible. On a technical level it is possible to embed Camunda with other Software. So Camunda is able to interact with other applications.

That would mean, that the process part of the other application doesn’t need to be executed with Camunda. Therefore I would suggest to model the other application as a collapsed pool. So you have the expanded pool with the process, which is used by Camunda and the collapsed pool for the other application and you can model the message flows between those two pools.

I hope this is helpful

Cheers
Nele

Thanks Nele.
do you have similar example to see how collapsed pool works in detailed way?
I tried dig into documentation but couldn’t find right one.
Could you advice here.
Thanks.

For example it could look like this.

Thanks Nele.
I am working on this and started my process with message “order a coffee” from other application[spring boot-java] , which starts camunda process engine. coffee shop pool process should send message " flavor and size" to other application.

repositoryService.createDeployment().addClasspathResource("“Customer”).deploy()
runtimeService.startProcessInstanceByMessage(“order a coffee”, “Test Message”).getProcessInstanceId();

I am getting below exception:
Exception: Cannot correlate message ‘flavor and size’: No process definition matches the parameters

In ask for size and flavor, i am trying send message and correlate " flavor and size", when i am doing this getting above exception.

${execution.getProcessEngineServices().getRuntimeService().createMessageCorrelation(" flavor and size").processInstanceBusinessKey(“Test Message”).correlateWithResult()}

basically not able to understand message flow between 2 pools

Any advice.

Hi @mahanteesh,

just to be completely sure: You really meant " flavor and size" and not “flavor and size”? Notice the leading whitespace…

If this is not the problem, pls provide your bpmn-model.

Best,
Ragnar

2 Likes

Thanks.
However, I have resolved this issue :slight_smile: