Close camunda task from backend DB level

Hi Team,

I want to close my camunda task from backend. DB patch. which table needs to patch to close the task. Please guide

That is definitely not recommended as the Camunda Workflow Engine should be the only instance making changes to the database. Why wouldn’t you do this simply by an API call?

Best, McAlm

@anji87543 use the process engine services (taskService Java API) to complete the task.

Hi, By mistake during migration created few users task in camunda application and we want to close those tasks using backend db patch or any APi cal. But Prod API cal we can’t access from outside. How to close those opened and unused tasks

You could also use the Rest API of course.

Completing a task essentially means to remove all data from the runtime tables and create according history events. It’s hard to tell what changes to make as it also depends on the history level you’ve chosen. The only way for you is to figure out on your own what happens in the db when you create, assign and complete a task. Probably you can do so on a complete empty database, e.g. H2 locally.

Hi McAlm. Thanks.
Here we posted around 2300 records to camunda framework and all records waiting got one user task, actually no user tasks pending for those records. When I open cockpit those all are showing in UI. Just here I want to remove or not to show those 2300 records.
I know all 2300 workflow Id(Process instance Id to remove). Any alternate solution to remove from UI alone. I don’t want hist also for those records. Any recon/refresh data option.