Changing the timer due date during run-time

Hi,
I have a intermediate timer catch event for which i’m setting the due date in a variable called ‘triggerDate’.
However, there might be instances during the course of the process that i may want to update the due date to a date later or earlier than the one set initially.
I tried to update the triggerDate variable in cock-pit to a different date/timestamp, however, neither did the timer get triggered on the updated date/timestamp nor did job_due_date_ entry get updated in the act_hi_job_log table.
Is this the default behaviour of Camunda that we will not be able to update the timer due date once it is set initially?
Is there any other alternative approach for me to update the due date and trigger the timer event on the updated date?
The implementation is similar to the one shown in the screen-shot and the example BPMN as well attached.

ProcessA.bpmn (4.5 KB)

1 Like

The variable is just part of the initial expression that was evaluated to create the timer in the first place. Imagine if that expression would by something dynamic, like a function call. Updating it can’t influence it.

Due to the lack of an API to update timers, what did in the past was to update the entry in the database directly.

Hi @whiskeysierra
Thank you! I guess We as well will have to update the database directly, unless anyone else can suggest a better alternative solution to this.

Thanks,
Kiran B~

Hi @whiskeysierra,

I updated the job_duedate_ field in act_hi_job_log table with the update timestamp that i want to timer to get triggered at. But still the timer wouldn’t get triggered in the new timestamp.
Are there any other additional fields/tables that I have to update in order for the timer to get triggered at the desired new timestamp?

@Kiran_Balakrishna can u share any complete example to read data from local db in camunda process. Or any simple way to get data on user task from local db or excel file

Have a look here; could be what you need.