Cawemo installation

Hi,
Have a few questions on Cawemo and how it works with Camunda platform

1. With enteprise Cawemo version how do we share the process model with other colleagues for collaboration ?

2. Does it need to be installed locally or best practice is to install in a shared environment , is there any impact on licensing perspective that needs to be considered how its installed

Thanks
S

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to us with these questions.

I will quote and reply to each question individually:

1.With enteprise Cawemo version how do we share the process model with other colleagues for collaboration ?

It is working almost the same as in the SaaS version.
I will mention below the main differences.

There are two On-Premise flavors and very small differences compared with the SaaS version:

• without LDAP: the first user that is registering after installation is the ADMIN and can invite other people to signup and give them the same rights that are available also in SaaS: “member” or “admin”. (in the SaaS version, people can just signup by themselves and for simplicity, they automatically get added to the respective organization when they are invited to a project)

• with LDAP: you connect your LDAP server and all users from the given directory have access to Cawemo and can be invited to projects as collaborators

Collaboration on projects is the same as in the SaaS version: Projects | docs.camunda.org

Link sharing and embedding are the same as in the SaaS version:

2.Does it need to be installed locally or best practice is to install in a shared environment , is there any impact on licensing perspective that needs to be considered how its installed

Cawemo On-Premise is a web-based application. It has to be installed in a common environment and the same instance has to be shared between all users.

We deliver all components for Cawemo On-Premise as docker images and the officially supported installation can be found in this guide. The official installation that we support is with docker-compose, but here is an example of how this can be achieved also with K8s and Helm Charts. (be aware: as it is already mentioned in the README, this example is not meant as a production-ready setup, but as an example.)

That being said, I hope I managed to clarify your questions.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have further questions.

Kind Regards,
Catalina - Cawemo Team.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

We are looking to install this in our Azure environment. Just a follow on question - do you recommend a single instance of Cawemo for a given client and use the plug-in coming from the enterprise version to sync bpmn models in your modeller and the platform engine ? Or the recommendation is to have 2 instances of Cawemo and if so , is there a way to sync up models between the 2 Cawemo instances

Thanks
S

Hi Sam,

In order to make a recommendation, I need first to better understand your use case.

Could you explain to us what you mean by:

a single instance of Cawemo for a given client

Kind Regards,
Catalina.

Hi,

We are just staring our journey with Camunda and wanted to understand the best practice on how we can manage and maintain our process models in Cawemo in our private cloud .

We will be deploying run time models in the Camunda platform across environments so wanted to understand if we should manage a single instance of Cawemo in our private cloud to contain all of our process design models and having the flexibility to avoid any downtime in case of any upgrade /maintenance required to this single instance

Thanks
S

Hi Sam,

I understand now what you mean.

Yes, if you want high availability, you can choose to scale the Cawemo containers and then configure them all to connect to the same database. Of course, depending on your cloud offering and your installation, you would have to add some kind of load balancer or reverse proxy in front.

For example: you could run one instance with the old version of Cawemo while you spin up a new version and when the new one is healthy then you can kill the old one.

Kind Regards,
Catalina.

1 Like