Can't load vault secret from camunda docker image

Hello all,
I’m new in camunda, and I have some question.

I’m using the version run-7.15.0.

I need to use postgres db instead of H2, locally I change the default.yml directly and modify all parameters related to DB as =>

e.g :
spring.datasource:
url: jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/camunda
driver-class-name: org.postgresql.Driver
username: postgres
password: postgres

and it’s good. It runs correctly.

I follow this tuto to create docker image => GitHub - camunda/docker-camunda-bpm-platform: Docker images for the camunda BPM platform and configure all variable d’env for the DB as =>

spring.datasource:
url: ${DB_URL}
driver-class-name: ${DB_DRIVER}
username: ${DB_USERNAME}
password: ${DB_PASSWORD}

But I expect that when I run the container, it can’t load the environment variable.

PS: it can’t load env var from vault

thanks

Hi there @Volalpi! Thank you for the question. Are you working with Hashicorp Vault by any chance? If so, could you please provide a bit more detail?

If you don’t need Vault to store your database credentials, you can opt to do so using a secret. We have an example of this available at GitHub - plungu/camunda-helm: Camunda public Kubernetes Helm repo and charts if you’d like to take a look!

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Hi @kiran.oliver , thanks for your reply.

I used vault to load some environment variable as db credentials, and some else. I’m using kubernetes to deploy the camunda image.

Finally, I solve the issue by recreating the camunda image and use the run-7.0.15 and on use the “good” entrypoint with this image, then start the docker image by ./camunda.sh.
It seems that I did not use the right entrypoint :slight_smile:

Thank you so much

1 Like