Can't find scripting engine for 'javascript': scriptEngine is null

Hi Team,

I have a very simple BPM workflow having inline javascript for Execution Listener. Although while starting a process it shows error
The process could not be started. : Cannot instantiate process definition multiInstanceDemo:1:a27d4788-e7dd-11eb-b4b6-00090ffe0001: Can’t find scripting engine for ‘javascript’: scriptEngine is null

I’m attaching BPMN diagram and log. Request some heads up on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

multi_instance_demo.bpmn (4.3 KB) camunda.log (15.4 KB)

@Bhavesh_G which version of camunda platform are you using? If you’re using JDK15, then consider downgrading JDK versions.

Check this post: Connector example NullValueException: Can't find scripting engine for 'javascript' - #2 by Niall

1 Like

Hi @Bhavesh_G ,

as Nashorn was deprecated and removed in JDK15 as @aravindhrs mentioned, we have introduced GraalVM JS in our distro in 7.16.0-alpha3 to line up with JDK15.

So, if you can wait until 7.16.0 Release to upgrade to JDK15, this could be your way of developing the platform.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

1 Like

Thank you @jonathan.lukas and @aravindhrs. I think it will be good decision to wait for 7.16.0 to upgrade to JDK 15

Hi @Bhavesh_G

As was already mentioned by @jonathan.lukas you can actually test it out right now before waiting for the 7.16 release in October.
The Alpha3 release is available, but maybe not for production.
https://downloads.camunda.cloud/release/camunda-bpm/run/7.16/

1 Like

Thank you @Niall

Hi @Niall

This java script engine is disabled in JDK 15.

Is it officially tested on version lower than 15 and more than 8?

What is the decision for JDK 15+ versions ?

Regards
Shreyas

Currently up to Camunda 7.15 you much use a java version before 15. 11 is recomended as it has long term support.

See my other comment for the future.