Cannot instantiate process definition Hello:XXXXXX: Unknown property used in expression: #{timeL1}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier 'timeL1' [ start-instance-error ]

Hello, I attached the process which I have use in my project. I successfully deployed in on cockpit, but when I started my task that time giving following error.

Cannot instantiate process definition WFEL4:3:9bd91c16-4a4f-11ea-885a-78e7d1e1a92e: Unknown property used in expression: #{timeL1}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier ‘timeL1’ [ start-instance-error ]

Please help me !

Can you upload your model please?

Please find attachment of modelGADS.bpmn (14.6 KB)

Thanks for replay.

How do you start the process?
It requires at the never least to add a variable called timeL1 So that the timer can be set.
it looks like whats happening is that you’re not sending in the required variable.

See actually I am new for camunda, first time I am using camunda in my project. As per my understanding I am sending required variable from my Nodejs API.

Did you build this process yourself?
show exactly the code you’re using to start the process.

Hi, Niall, good day. I do have the same error, and after ussing a spider, it was shown that form is not actually sending any variable after submitting. What you recomend to check out? This is happening in tasklist.

I was able to execute the process by doing the following:

1. added the variable to the start element (i dont think you need to do that if you provide the necessary variable via nodejs api in the right format)

2. changed your timer event (switched # with $)

then i tried to execute the process with the following input and it throw no error:

did you provide the variable in the format ISO 8601 - Wikipedia ?

either the # or your general format of the variable seems wrong to me.

2 Likes