Cannot deploy quickstart to camunda-ee via Cockpit

Hi,

I’ve just downloaded the camunda-ee trial and I want to follow the trial.
I started camunda tomcat, I created my user and activated the license.
Then I downloaded the quickstart form the page and tried the web deploy, however it fails.

Checking the logs it seams that there are some issues with xml parsing.

I did not change anything in the tar.gz.
I’m using Debian Buster with openjdk-8
Is there a Docker version available?

21-Sep-2019 14:26:26.351 INFO [main] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that
were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
21-Sep-2019 14:26:26.357 INFO [main] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logInfo ENGINE-08024 Found processes.xml file at file:/home/ieugen/Descărcări/camunda-bpm-ee-tomcat-7.11.3-ee/server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19
/webapps/camunda-invoice/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/processes.xml
21-Sep-2019 14:26:26.473 WARNING [main] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logWarn ENGINE-09004 Warnings during parsing:

• schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘BPMNDI.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not xsd:schema. | invoice.v1.b
    pmn | line 8 | column 96
  • schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘Semantic.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not xsd:schema. | invoice.v1
    .bpmn | line 9 | column 46
    21-Sep-2019 14:26:26.475 SEVERE [main] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logError ENGINE-16004 Exception while closing command context: ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process. Errors:
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘extension’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 15 | column 70
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘rootElement’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 16 | column 72
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘bpmndi:BPMNDiagram’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 17 | column 79
  • src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name ‘relationship’ to a(n) ‘element declaration’ component. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 18 | column 73
  • cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘dataStore’. One of ‘{“http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/20100524/MODEL”:import}’ is expected. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 3 | column 100
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘conditionExpression’. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 52 | column 85
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘conditionExpression’. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 57 | column 85
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘conditionExpression’. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 60 | column 57
  • cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve ‘tFormalExpression’ to a type definition for element ‘conditionExpression’. | invoice.v1.bpmn | line 90 | column 57
  • cvc-elt.4.2: C

[1] Executing automated steps (2/6) | docs.camunda.org
catalina.2019-09-21.log (406.3 KB)

What did you use to model the process?
Can you open it in the camunda modeler?

I downloaded the example zip file from camunda.org quickstart page. The payment.bpm file.
I did open it afterwards in the modeler to see if I can fix it. Without luck. payment.bpmn (2.8 KB)

according to the logs you’ve also got a bpmn file called invoice.v1.bpmn that you’re trying to deploy and that one is failing.

That one is part of the camunda-invoice web app that comes with the camunda-bpm-ee-tomcat-7.11.3-ee archive that I just downloaded.

This leads me to one of two options:

1. the camunda-bpm-ee-tomcat-7.11.3-ee build is broken.
  2. my jvm setup is broken?

What is strange is that I have no issue running a custom build of the app - using the spring boot community version components.

camunda-bpm-ee-tomcat-7.11.3-ee java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_222-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

Any ideas?

This is indeed very strange. not sure I’ve seen this happen before.

Is there a Docker version of camunda-ee ? That should clear the platform related issues.

p.s. I’ve started the app again. Same issues.

➜ camunda-bpm-ee-tomcat-7.11.3-ee ./start-camunda.sh
starting camunda BPM platform on Tomcat Application Server
Using CATALINA_BASE: ./server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19
Using CATALINA_HOME: ./server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ./server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-8-hotspot-amd64/jre
Using CLASSPATH: ./server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19/bin/bootstrap.jar:./server/apache-tomcat-9.0.19/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

p.s.2 I’ve built a Docker image using tomcat 9 and it works so I can use that in the mean time.

This might be a bit late, but there are docker builds for camunda-ee. You can find more info here: Run Camunda BPM using Docker | docs.camunda.org

2 Likes