Can not pass ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class

Right after the deployment - which seems succesfull in Tomcat, i.e. war file is converted to directory under ./server/[TOMCAT DIRECTORY].

But when I try to start the process the class instantiation fails. (The class name is WriteToDatabaseDelegate which simply connects to a MySQL db and writes some dummy data.)

The process could not be started. :
Cannot instantiate process definition SiteGrowthTracker:2:c2decfd6-6cf5-11e9-aa97-080027995185: 
ENGINE-09008 Exception while instantiating class 'com.camunda.kaplan.SiteGrowthTracker.WriteToDatabaseDelegate': 
ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class 'com.camunda.kaplan.SiteGrowthTracker.WriteToDatabaseDelegate': com.camunda.kaplan.SiteGrowthTracker.WriteToDatabaseDelegate

Any idea how to locate the exact error?

Hi. Any idea how to resolve this error? I am facing the same issue

We need a lot more information before being able to answer this. details on you deployment, you model and the delegates you’re using take a look at the style guide to see the basic questions that always help understanding a question.

Thanks Niall.

Below are the details:

1. I deployed my war file via tomcat under webapps folder. Not via the modeller.

Under catalina.log, below error occurs:

18-Sep-2020 10:39:58.713 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-18] org.camunda.commons.logging.BaseLogger.logError ENGINE-16004 Exception while closing command context: ENGINE-09008 Exception while instantiating class ‘org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin’: ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class ‘org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin’: org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin
org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-09008 Exception while instantiating class ‘org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin’: ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class ‘org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin’: org.Kern.catalog_process.ValidateLogin
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.util.EngineUtilLogger.exceptionWhileInstantiatingClass(EngineUtilLogger.java:89)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.util.ClassDelegateUtil.instantiateDelegate(ClassDelegateUtil.java:54)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.bpmn.behavior.ClassDelegateActivityBehavior.getActivityBehaviorInstance(ClassDelegateActivityBehavior.java:112)

I have tried to export the jar file of the project and kept it under the deployed app folder under tomcat/my-app/web-inf/lib folder, but still doesnt work.

Also, tried restarting tomcat and removing any previous deployments. Please let me know in case you need any other information.

Thanks
Varun

I see you’ve already posted this question several time - please don’t do that -
It makes it harder for people to help you. i’m going to lock this post.
Please stick to the topic you created.