Can I use my Camunda application to access Camunda database as well as my application database?

I know that I can access my application database using normal jdbc connections but is this an ideal approach. I have a java application and an underlying camunda application. I was thinking of updating my application database from Camunda application so that the application can get the updated data.

Is this an ideal approach? Or should Camunda application ideally access the camunda database (in my case the default h2 database)?

Any suggestions on this?

Hi @AakankshaTej,

I’m afraid this is not really the best place to ask this question. There are a lot of different ways to design an application and its architecture. What makes sense is highly dependent on your use case and not so much dependent on Camunda, so you may get better answers somewhere else. Technically, Camunda is your typical JDBC application that makes use of transactions, so you can design your application like you would design any other application that uses two data sources.

Cheers,
Thorben

Thank you for the response.