Camwemo Vs Modeler

What is the difference between camunda modeler and cawemo?
Which one should we prefer for bpmn diagrams?

2 Likes

@Gayathri Both cawemo and modeler can be used for modelling BPMN model. In addition to that cawemo has the features like Collaborative model design:

• Share projects with all stakeholders
  • Add comments and discuss process diagrams
  • Achieve alignment between Business and IT

You can read more https://blog.camunda.com/post/2019/11/cawemo-release-integrations-visual-comparison/

1 Like

What is your use case? They both share the same BPMN modeling experience. The Camunda Modeler is aimed at technical users and process execution, whereas Cawemo is aimed at business users and collaborative process modeling.

1 Like

Thanks @aravindhrs and @philippfromme
Right now we are analysing different workflow management platforms to pick the right one for our requirement. So I wanted to know what exactly is the difference since they both do the same.

@Gayathri, you can find more differences in this post:

How “private” are the business models I create and upload in Cawemo?

A question about exporting and converting data from a diagram: Is it possible to export elements of a diagram in a text form to a PDF?
It would be something like a written documentation of each element (events, activities, gateways and their conditions, etc.) So for example, subprocesses would be expanded, with their sub-tasks listed in a bullet-point list, so we know what’s inside a subprocess.

I know there’s Bizagi Modeler that allows such documentation in PDF. Is there a similar ready option in Camunda? Or do I need to develop it on my own?

I know it’s possible to export the diagram as an image (png or svg) but now the question is about the elements of the diagram.
A side question would be also: is it possible to export the diagram as pdf?