Camunda - Usage in Intellij IDEA - Missing steps?

Referring to the link: Maven Project Templates (Archetypes) | docs.camunda.org, I was able to successfully set up Camunda Maven templates in Eclipse but could not succeed with IntelliJ IDEA.

I doubt if there is something missing with step 6 or something between step 6 and 7. Please clarify. If this was addressed in another topic earlier, please help me with the topic link. Thank you in advance.

Steps written in the link:

1. On the “Welcome to IntelliJ IDEA” screen, click on “Configure” and select “Plugins” in the dropdown
  2. In the plugins dialog, click on “Browse repositories…”
  3. Search for the plugin “Maven Archetype Catalogs” and click on “Install”
  4. Restart IntelliJ IDEA
  5. On the “Welcome to IntelliJ IDEA” screen, click on “Configure” and select “Preferences” in the dropdown
    6. In the preferences window, navigate to: “Build, Execution, Deployment > Build Tools > Maven Archetype Catalogs”
  6. To create a Maven project from an archetype, click on the “Welcome to IntelliJ IDEA” screen on “Create New Project”
  7. In the new project dialog, click on the left side on “Maven”, check “Create from archetype” and select any org.camunda.bpm.archetype entry

Does this help?

Hi Robert,

The step to manually add archetype under Maven works fine. Thank you :slight_smile: It would be of great help if Camunda documentation could be updated accordingly.

Regards,
Ravi

Check this
https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/user-guide/process-applications/maven-archetypes/#usage-in-intellij-ide

i’ve discovered the same and suggested a small change in documentation to improve this part