Camunda + Spring app not visible in cockpit

I created a Camunda + Spring App as described here and deployed it as described in the documentation:

mavn package war:war

and then copied the war file to `$CAMUNDA_HOME/server/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/webapps``

Also I defined the pools as executable, but I can’t see my app in the cockpit.

I also took a look at catalina.outand there’s no error in there

05-Jun-2017 14:39:24.119 INFO [localhost-startStop-11] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive /Users/paulcurcean/Downloads/camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.6.0/server/apache-tomcat-8.0.24/webapps/dronedelivery-0-SNAPSHOT.war has finished in 4,042 ms

I also tried importing the war of the camunda + spring example to the webapps folder, but that one doesn’t work as well.

Hi @paulcurcean,

Does the Tomcat log file state that your processes were deployed? If you are not sure, please post the portion of the log file that covers application deployment.

Cheers,
Thorben

hi @thorben,

thanks for your response.
yes. I took a look at catalina.out and there was statet that the app was deployed and no error was logged.
should I look elsewhere?

Cheers,
Paul

Did you download the Tomcat distribution from camunda.org? If yes, did you make any modifications to it aside from deploying your application? If no, I assume you installed Camunda manually, correct?

yes, I downloaded Tomcat from camunda.org and I just unzipped it.
no, I haven’t made any modifications to it, just deployed my app in the webapps folder and started the engine via the bash script.

I’ve tried it on OS X and Windows 10.

Could you publish the sources of your application on github?

yes, I can.
but I’ve got the same problem with your example camunda + spring

Ok, can you then post the exact and minimal steps you perform to reproduce this?

• I downloaded and unzipped camunda and then started it using the bash script.
  • After that I cloned camunda + sping example and used mvn package to create the war-file.
  • copied the war-file in the webapps-directory and refreshed camunda cockpit

Hi,

Did you check out the master branch or the Bonus tag? The code on master branch uses an embedded engine that points to a different H2 database than the shared engine that comes with the Camunda Tomcat distribution. Your application should use the shared engine as described in the bonus chapter.

Cheers,
Thorben

I used the master branch, because the camunda + spring example has only the branches master and 7.5.

Okay, it won’t work with the master branch as that uses an embedded engine. Run git checkout Bonus and build that.