Camunda REST API in own application

Hi,

I want to expose the camunda REST API over my own application. Somehow the
AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl has no javax.ws.rs.ext.Providers set.

A http call to

myServer/myWebApp/engine

works as expected. Result:
[{"name":"myEngine"}]

When I go deeper, like

myServer/myWebApp/engine/myEngine/task

I get a NullpointerException. The cause is, that the Providers field in the AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl is not set.

How is this javax.ws.rs.ext.Providers initialized and injected to the AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl?

I am using the description provided in the camunda-bpm-examples

My application is using camunda 7.5.0

Thanks a lot for any help
Chris

The resulting exception is:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.util.ProvidersUtil.resolveFromContext(ProvidersUtil.java:36)
	org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.impl.AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.getObjectMapper(AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.java:245)
	org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.impl.AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.getTaskRestService(AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.java:89)
	org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.impl.NamedProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.getTaskRestService(NamedProcessEngineRestServiceImpl.java:85)

I am using a Tomcat managed processengine and one of my SpringServletProcessApplication is trying to expose the Camunda REST API.

I have the Camunda libs (especially the camunda-process-engine) located in the lib folder of the Tomcat. Now I’ve moved the camunda-engine-rest-core JAR to the application which is trying to expose the REST API and the providers for AbstractProcessEngineRestServiceImpl are registered and there is no NullPointerException anymore.