Camunda modeler extensibility

Hi everyone,

Have a few questions regarding camunda modeler. I have downloaded Camunda Modeler source code from camunda modeler and this seems to work fine and opens up the windows standalone application.

1. Can I also be able launch it as a browser based application? If so are there any separate steps to launch on browser? Any documentation available?
  2. Is the code extensible as in will I also be able to add on functionalities such as suggested in the bpmn.io examples provided? (adding custom elements etc).
    Regards
    Senthil

There are code example on the bpmn.io site, you can find them here.

Hi Niall,
These are for bpmn.io. I want to know if the same can be made use for in the camunda modeler code.

1. Can I also be able launch it as a browser based application? If so are there any separate steps to launch on browser? Any documentation available?

No, the Camunda Modeler cannot be launched in the browser.

1. Is the code extensible as in will I also be able to add on functionalities such as suggested in the bpmn.io examples provided? (adding custom elements etc).

The extensibility of the modeler will always be limited. We recently shipped an experimental plug-in feature though that may be used to plug-in some of the examples provided for bpmn.io.