Camunda for Modern Web Applications

Hi,

Is there any open project which could create a basic web application on camunda as said on below mentioned vedio conf.

Thanks

1 Like

Good morning guys,

Niall, felix-mueller, vale, StephenOTT, nikku

Could you please help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
Jerin John

Hey Guys,

Did you got any chance to look on above request made.

Thanks,
Jerin John

Hi Jerin,

Your question is a incredible broad so i’m not sure how to answer you.
What have you tried so far?
What is it that you’d like to achieve exactly?

Over here am looking any specific project which is open source based on above youtube link

Hello, I have the same question as the topic author. I just started with camunda and found it very interesting. I have also watched the video in the link above. Does anyone have a similar project, which has a combination of angular on the client side and a camuda engine as a service?

I also watched that video with interest and also saw the working system on the companies website. As is typical with any technical project you end up like a pinball having to bounce around various themes to get a complete answer. A couple of themes I found interesting:

1. the API Gateway pattern is critical so that would become the backend layer that talks to the microservices or to Camunda if you are using it as the orchestration layer. For a simple demonstrator this is how I would use it. See: api-gateway-pattern

From the video, I think the parent process is effectively acting like an API gateway that triggers multiple api calls and aggregates responses to send back to the front-end.

1. Micro-frontends are another good theme worth considering as a fully distributed back-end really does deserve a distributed front end. See: fowler-micro-frontend and react-micro-frontend

The BPM process flow based on events should be able to guide the frontend by sending back appropriate data as defined in the process variables and perhaps an indicator of the next screen to display. So in react, this could be a process variable that specifies the new route. Hence, each route would effectively be a micro frontend that could be developed and deployed independently. So monolithic ui vs distributed ui.

1. Creating a working prototype should also make use of the excellent PoC that Felix produced available here: https://blog.camunda.com/post/2018/02/custom-tasklist-examples/

I do think that Camunda would be an amazing proposition if some of these architectural patterns had a reference solution. Having said that Camunda does rock!! Hope this helps!!

2 Likes