"camunda-commons-ui" in 7.14.0 cockpit extensions

I am working on a custom route and other plugins for Camunda 7.14.0 community edition cockpit app with the new cockpit plugin framework.

What is the recommended way to preserve somewhat consistent user interface? And is there any recommended ways to re-use the built-in widgets to avoid re-implementing or re-bundling them?

The approaches I am aware of:

• I could do everything custom and try to re-implement CSS matching the current cockpit app style.

• I could produce HTML structure and class-attributes matching the current cockpit app.

• I could try to re-use the Angular widgets available.

I guess, reusing camunda-commons-ui was the right way before the new plugin system in 7.14.0, but feels fragile right now that it has been merged into camunda-bpm-platform and all Angular is being wrapped with ReactJS as “legacy”.

But re-bundling, e.g. whole bpmn-js (and duplicating its configuration from config.js), is not nice either.

What would you suggest?

1 Like

Context:

I assume that simply ignoring “camunda-commons-ui” and bundling a standalone extension with whatever libraries required to achieve the required ux is the safest way to go. Although, replicating Camunda HTML structure and class attributes allow to save some time by re-using Camunda app styles. :thinking:

2 Likes

output

2 Likes