Camunda-bpm-processapplication-example issues


#1

Hi,
I know the Camunda-bpm-processapplication-example project is already quite old, even though I hope someone is able to help me. I’m fairly new to Karaf and OSGi and tried to get Camunda running in Karaf. I wanted to first just get the example project running, but I got some problems.

First of all, when I tried to add the Camunda features into Karaf, I was able to install the minimal version, but not the full. A couple of bundles in camunda-optionals, javax.mail, javax.inject, javax.servlet and javax.persistence couldn’t be resolved.

I doubt that my problem with the small example was related to that though. I was able to build and install it, after I added a missing dependency (camunda-bpm-osgi-processapplication). When I tried to start the bundle I got a missing requirement error though. The org.camunda.bpm.application bundle couldn’t be resolved. I highly suspect that I might have done a mistake myself, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!


#2

My first question would be why you’re using Karaf and not using one of the pre-built bundles for Tomcat, Websphere, or WildFly? Personally, I think you’re just asking for trouble.

That said, I use Karaf (actually Apache ServiceMix) with another application (Talend ESB) and it works fine, though its management tooling is a bit crude in places.

I know this may not be what you want to here, but you should try one of the pre-built bundles and see if that meets your needs. Otherwise, you may descend into dependency hell and never be seen again.

I can tell that the bundles Camunda produces are very reliable.


#3

Thanks for the suggestion, but not using Karaf is not an option. It’s what I have to work with. After manually loading quite a number of bundles, I was at least able to resolve all the missing requirements.

To whom it may concern, I installed following bundles:

  • camunda-bpm-osgi (4.1.0)
  • camunda-bpm-osgi-processapplication (4.1.0)
  • org.osgi.core (4.2.0)
  • camunda-engine (7.7.0)
  • camunda-engine (7.9.0)
  • org.osgi.service.blueprint (1.0.2)
  • org.apapche.aries.blueprint.core (1.1.0)
  • mybatis (3.4.6)
  • camunda-engine-dmn (7.9.0)
  • camunda-bpmn-model (7.9.0)
  • camunda-cmmn-model (7.9.0)
  • camunda-dmn-model (7.9.0)
  • camunda-xml-model (7.9.0)
  • camunda-commons-utils (1.4.0)
  • camunda-commons-utils (1.5.1)
  • camunda-commons-logging (1.4.0)
  • camunda-commons-logging (1.5.1)
  • camunda-commons-typed-values (1.4.0)
  • camunda-commons-typed-values (1.5.1)
  • camunda-engine-dmn (7.7.0)
  • camunda-engine-dmn (7.9.0)
  • camunda-engine-feel-juel (7.7.0)
  • camunda-engine-feel-juel (7.9.0)
  • camunda-engine-feel-api (7.7.0)
  • camunda-engine-feel-api (7.9.0)

The bundles in two versions were necessary because of other bundles relying upon the different versions.

Now I run into the error, that my example project bundle is exposed to package ‘org.camunda.bpm.application’ via two dependency chains. I’m trying to figure out this one now.


#4

Turns out I shouldn’t have updated the camunda engine to 7.9.0, used 7.7.0 now and I’m able to start the bundle at least. Now I just need to figure out how I have to implement everything in general.

All higher versions of the bundles that I installed in two versions are now obsolete and all the camunda-*-model bundles need to be installed in version 7.7.0!