Camunda-bpm-ee maven coordinates have stopped working

We have an existing project which has a dependency on version 7.14.4-ee of the camunda-bpm-ee bom. We have the dependency defined in a build.gradle file which contains the following snippet:

repositories {
    maven {
        url 'https://app.camunda.com/nexus/content/repositories/camunda-bpm-ee'
        credentials {
            username System.properties.getProperty("username")
            password System.properties.getProperty("password")
        }
    }
    mavenCentral()
    jcenter()
    maven {
        url "https://jitpack.io"
    }
    mavenLocal()
}
dependencyManagement {
    imports {
        mavenBom 'org.camunda.bpm:camunda-bom:7.14.4-ee'
    }
} 

The last time our build pipeline ran successfully was 7 days ago (15th October 2021 15:45 BST)

I triggered a run today (22nd October 2021 11:34 BST) and between those two dates it looks as those some changes have been made to replace the maven repository we were pointing to previously with an artifactory repository, since the location we used to pull the .pom file from (https://app.camunda.com/nexus/content/repositories/camunda-bpm-ee/org/camunda/bpm/camunda-bom/7.14.4-ee/camunda-bom-7.14.4-ee.pom) is now returning a 404.

Additionally when I navigate to JFrog, it redirects me to an Artifactory instance I have tried searching inside this artifactory instance for camunda-bpm-ee but it is showing no results as far as I can see. I am basically trying to find out what I can update my gradle configuration to in order to enable our build pipeline to be able to pull this dependency again if possible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I was unable to add two links in a post, so for reference the artifactory instance that I get redirected to (where I am unable to find any modules under camunda-bpm-ee) is here: JFrog

This sounds like it’s related to the problem below described in this post:

1 Like

Ah yeah, apologies I did have a look but might skipped this one since a 403 didn’t sound like the same error, applying the solution suggested, which was to replace the old nexus url we were using previously:

url 'https://app.camunda.com/nexus/content/repositories/camunda-bpm-ee'

with:

url 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private'

so that I now have:

repositories {
    maven {
        url 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private'
        credentials {
            username System.properties.getProperty("username")
            password System.properties.getProperty("password")
        }
    }
    mavenCentral()
    jcenter()
    maven {
        url "https://jitpack.io"
    }
    mavenLocal()
}
dependencyManagement {
    imports {
        mavenBom 'org.camunda.bpm:camunda-bom:7.14.4-ee'
    }
}

has gotten me past that original error, but now I am seeing the following error instead:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':compileClasspath'.
   > Could not download querydsl-apt-4.2.2-jpa.jar (com.querydsl:querydsl-apt:4.2.2)
      > Could not get resource 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/com/querydsl/querydsl-apt/4.2.2/querydsl-apt-4.2.2-jpa.jar'.
         > Could not HEAD 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/com/querydsl/querydsl-apt/4.2.2/querydsl-apt-4.2.2-jpa.jar'. Received status code 403 from server: Forbidden
   > Could not download nimbus-jose-jwt-8.18.1.jar (com.nimbusds:nimbus-jose-jwt:8.18.1)
      > Could not get resource 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/com/nimbusds/nimbus-jose-jwt/8.18.1/nimbus-jose-jwt-8.18.1.jar'.
         > Could not HEAD 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/com/nimbusds/nimbus-jose-jwt/8.18.1/nimbus-jose-jwt-8.18.1.jar'. Received status code 403 from server: Forbidden
   > Could not download classgraph-4.8.44.jar (io.github.classgraph:classgraph:4.8.44)
      > Could not get resource 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/io/github/classgraph/classgraph/4.8.44/classgraph-4.8.44.jar'.
         > Could not HEAD 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private/io/github/classgraph/classgraph/4.8.44/classgraph-4.8.44.jar'. Received status code 403 from server: Forbidden

Ah turns out that remaining issue was not camunda related, I just needed to change the order the repositories were defined in the build.gradle after updating again to make mavenCentral() the first repository in the list as below it looks to be working again:

repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    maven {
        url 'https://camunda.jfrog.io/artifactory/private'
        credentials {
            username System.properties.getProperty("username")
            password System.properties.getProperty("password")
        }
    }
    jcenter()
    maven {
        url "https://jitpack.io"
    }
    mavenLocal()
}
dependencyManagement {
    imports {
        mavenBom 'org.camunda.bpm:camunda-bom:7.14.4-ee'
    }
}

thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!

1 Like