Camunda Authorizations based on User and Groups

Hi Camunda Team,
I am running a Camunda Engine in Spring Boot and have created a simple process

In my case I want the user with Agent role to access only the Tasks for the Agent to be shown in his Tasklist (tasks for Manager and Customers should not be displayed in his Agent’s tasklist) .
I tried assigning Agent as** Candidate Group** to a user task in the Camunda modeller .
Created a Agent Group from Admin webapp and added a user in that group.
Now the problem is that user(Agent) gets all other tasks from other roles in his tasklist.
I tried adding Filters too but still got no luck to make this thing work.
The source code can be found here:- https://github.com/saurabhumadikar/Camunda

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Saurabh

Hi @saurabh772,

Welcome to Camunda BPM Forum — thanks for contributing!

I believe that the Authorization Management should help you to solve this problem. You need to enable authorization in the application.yaml (authorization is disabled by default)

camunda.bmp:
  authorization:
      enabled: true

Then you need to set a bunch of authorization in Camunda Admin.

1. Application- you can set the application (tasklist, cockpit, admin) permission for groups/users.
  2. Process Definition- you need to set authorization for Loanapproval (Resource ID) for all involved groups.
  3. Process Instance- here you can set who can, for example, start the process instance
  4. The filter that you’ve created should have in Criteria section “Candidate Group” as key and “Agents” as value. You can also set the permission for this filter: change the icon for group and set the identifier as “Agents”. Only members of the Agents group will see this filter.
  5. Make sure that the particular Task has the candidate group set (in Modeler)

Feel free to check our documentation about the authorization management in camunda.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Michal

1 Like