Camunda ASR support

Hi,

I am learning Camunda for developing BPM and DM applications.

As per the Camunda documentation, the supported environments are

Container/Application Server for Runtime Components (Excluding Camunda Cycle)

Apache Tomcat 6.0 / 7.0 / 8.0, JBoss Application Server 7.2 and JBoss EAP 6.1 / 6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4Wildfly Application Server 8.2 / 10.0, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 / 8.5 (Enterprise Edition only)Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (12R1,12R2) (Enterprise Edition only)

Container for Camunda Cycle

Apache Tomcat 7

Clarifications (Please assume I am using Camunda 7.1)

My requirement is to develop the BPM application which should not be deeply entrenched with the application server.
So, my question is, Does Camunda BPM support the application deployment other than above mentioned application server runtime as well (may be unofficially) ??
2)
What is Camunda Cycle? Is there any reference to learn about this one?
3)
Is Camunda BPM supported in OSGI framework? If so, please give some reference to know about more on this?

Thanks
Senthil

Hi @senlog80,

No, camunda supports only the listed environments.

You can find some information about Cycle here 1 and 2.

There exists a community extension providing support for camunda BPM platform inside OSGi containers 3. But I think this community extension will not work with Camunda 7.1. As far as I know, the OSGi integration supports Camunda 7.5.

Cheers,
Roman

Hello @senlog80,

you can embed the process engine into your application: https://docs.camunda.org/get-started/spring/embedded-process-engine/

Then you have to control the start and stop of the engine in your application.

Hope this helps,

Ingo

Thanks a lot Roman and Ingo_Richtsmeier. I hope this will help.