Camunda and spring-boot-starter-webflux

Hi community!

I’m going to start new project on Camunda, but I’m forced to use webflux. It is a kind of requirement.
When I try to combine package spring-boot-starter-webflux
with camunda-bpm-spring-boot-starter-rest and camunda-bpm-spring-boot-starter-wabapp I’m getting the error:
The bean ‘conversionServicePostProcessor’, defined in class path resource [org/springframework/security/config/annotation/web/configuration/WebSecurityConfiguration.class], could not be registered. A bean with that name has already been defined in class path resource [org/springframework/security/config/annotation/web/reactive/WebFluxSecurityConfiguration.class] and overriding is disabled.

Could you tell me if it is possible to use Camunda with Webflux?
Thank you!

Unfortunately, webflux and camunda-webapp/rest are incompatible.

Hey @errd,

What @jangalinski points out is correct. To add some options you could still use the Camunda Springboot Starter, if you are using Springboot, and use the engine through the Java API. I managed to run this example here and add the Camunda Starter and use Camunda through the Java API. At the same time I configured an additional Camunda deployment and accessed the Rest API and Webapps from there. Would doing this fall under one of your restrictions?

Regards,

Thank you all!
I’m going to use Camunda as micro-service then. REST API is my choice.

1 Like