BPMN 2.0 User HTTP request validation through DMN and confirmation back to user

Hi All,

I need assistance with below scenario.

1. When user places an order though RESTFul Webservice, this order should go through initial validation before user gets an confirmation ID or validation failure message synchronously.
  2. This user’s HttpservletRequest payload should get validated up against rules sitting in DMN (Part of BPMN flow). On successful validation, user should get an confirmation ID and process should continue towards provisioning.

I’m currently using Spring boot to perform the same, any sample code or sample .bpmn is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @Sudhanva_Gnaneshwar,

you could check out our example repository.
It is packed with examples of several use cases.

Cheers,
Tassilo

1 Like

What kind of validation are you trying to perform?

Manu,

I’m using BPMN 2.0 process to validate HTTP request using DMN 2.0 business rules. If business rules fails i would like to send HTTP response to user asking to re-enter information correctly. How can i achieve this? Thanks!

HTTP is a stateless protocol, so there’s no real “link” between the client and server beyond a single session. While I can’t tell you how to do it, it would appear that you need to JavaScript and AJAX to build a client that can poll for a response. I don’t do much web programming.

The way I understand it is when you send a request to the REST API, you’re going to get back a response which is predefined such as the process instance ID or maybe even just an HTTP status code. You can’t really control that very easily. So, whatever you do will probably have to exist outside of the standard BPMN tools. I’m sure someone out there has probably implemented this.

You should check into the examples on Github at this URL: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-examples

These and other sections are among the best ways to learn how to do things with Camunda as they were created by experts.