Bootstrapping the process engine config using java config

As per docs, process engine bootstrapping,

When i create instance like below, what are the default values are been set to the which properties? . So that i no need to set values to all the properties unless if it requires to override it.

SpringProcessEngineConfiguration config = new SpringProcessEngineConfiguration();

For example, both the below properties are enabled by default i guess, so i don’t want to set values those properties.

config.setDmnEnabled(true);
config.setCmmnEnabled(true);

Also, whether the below lines are right way to add Spin plugin?

List<ProcessEnginePlugin> processEnginePlugins = config.getProcessEnginePlugins();
processEnginePlugins.add(new SpinProcessEnginePlugin());

Hi @aravindhrs,

Many properties and there default values are documented here: Process Engine Configuration | docs.camunda.org
In addition, you can check out the sources of ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl and ProcessEngineConfiguration to see for yourself if a value is not documented.

Assuming you are using the Spring Boot Starter, you can simply provide the plugin as a bean and it will be registered automatically, if I recall correctly. But your code looks fine as well.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi @thorben,

So wiring the plugin like below is more sufficient? No need to add it to plugins list of the process engine configuration?

@Autowired
private SpinProcessEnginePlugin  spinProcessEnginePlugin;

@thorben we can’t autowire the spin plugin, becuase it doesn’t have any spring annotations. so we have to create instance of the plugin and then set it to processEnginePlugins like below.

processEnginePlugins.add(new SpinProcessEnginePlugin());