Better Modelling for repetitive task

Better ways of modelling repetitive common task , for example asking for ‘additional information’ required at every task . Enabling this minor feature in process at every task will make simple process too complicated.moreinforequired.bpmn (10.2 KB)

-----------------------------Detail Flow--------------------------------------------------------
a)Requestor - IT Ticket Raised
b)L1 Action
APPROVE - Goes to L2 Action
REJECT - Goes to Requestor
More Info required - Goes to Requestor to provide input
c) L2 Action
APPROVE - Closed
REJECT - Goes to Requestor
More Info required - Goes to Requestor to provide input

Your help be much appreciated. Trying to learn better process modelling.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @japree_pj

I hope I got your question right. You need the task ask for additional information but you don’t want to model it?

Normally you should model all the tasks that belong to a workflow. If you clean up your process a little bit it does not get to complicated neither. moreinforequired.bpmn (21.0 KB)

Reducing symbols not automatically increases the readability of your process. If you want to find more guidelines on modeling you can look at our best practices .

I hope that helps you
Cheers
Nele

Many Thanks for sharing better version and sharing best practices. It was very helpful.Regards PJ

Hi, @Nele

I’m a bit stuck with your model. How do you expect the “message receive” event to work as a gateway?

regards,
leo

Hey @Leonid_Toporkov,

The intermediate message receive event is not a gateway. The XOR gateway that you marked in the model is used to merge the sequence flows again. So the “yes” and the “no” path are coming back together (like closing a bracket).

The gateway that follows after the merging one, then splits the sequence flow again upon a new criteria.

In BPMN in would be possible to leave the merging gateway out (implicit modeling). Best practice wise I would recommend not to do so and model explicitly. It is better to read and easier to maintain.

Regards
Nele