Authorization - candidate users does not work

Hi,
I tried to set candidate user (after examples with groups worked). (Camunda 7.10)

grafik

The user have the following rights:

But the user SekiMA und SekiMa2 cannot see the task.

In another example I tried the same with candidate group and it worked with the same rights (for the group).

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you a lot.
Nicole

I did not find a solution yet. But I tried the following:
I set user SekiMA2 as Assignee. Now SekiMA2 can see the task. But he can not see it when I type him into candidate users.

Does not someone have any idea?
Thank you,
Nicole

Hi,

I tried the scenario and it is working for me.
Could you please check the authorizations for Task resource. You should found for each of the candidate users a separate authorization for the created task.
Also please make sure that your filter in Tasklist is setup correctly. Could be that the user is allow to see the task but the filter is not showing it.

1 Like

Thank you for you help.

If I look into Authorizations/Task, SekiMA2 has the rights read and update to the task “Stammdaten anzeigen”

My filter settings for SekiMA2 are the following (I never changed them).

Do I have to change it? Where can I change it?
Thanks a lot!
Nicole

yep, this filter doesn’t include task where the user is candidate
Edit the filter similar to:

Or create new filter only with “Candidate User” criteria

1 Like

Thank you. But I need your help again…

I tried to create a filter, but the user SekiMA2 is not abled to create one. If I log in with admin (demo, demo) I can see the other user (john, mary…etc.) which where created by camunda and I can create a filter for them:
grafik
But my the users I created are not shown.
If I log in with SekiMA2 I do not see the “create a filter” button.
grafik

Another question is if I want to create my user programmatically (later I have to do this), can I set the filter settings programmatically too?

Thank you a lot again!
Nicole

Hi,

Login with admin credentials and edit “My Tasks” filter, it is available for all of the users (if not you can change that in the Permissions section for the filter)
This filter uses ${currentUser()}, so it filter out the tasks related to the current user and you do not need to create separate filter for a user which is not created yet. Once the user is create and they login will see the “My Tasks” filter

Hope that helps.

Hi,
I edited the filter with admin credentials, and now I can see the filter when I login with SekiMA2

But unfortunately I can not see the task :frowning:

Could you send me your whole example (eclipse project?) so I can compare I with my example?
thank you, Nicole

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.
There’s a known issue when you have such filtering (candidate OR assignee). (CAM-9114)
As a workaround I suggest you to create separate filters.

Hi,
thanks for you answer. Could you please show me an example what you mean with separate filters? Thanks a lot.
Nicole

One filter for assigned task and separate filter for task where the user is candidate user.

Yippieh!!!
Thanks a lot :slight_smile: It works.
Have a nice day!
Nicole

Great to hear that
Have a nice day

2 Likes