Artifacts for software, computer

Hello, I am new here. Just started to model my first (real) design and manufacturing process with camunda. I am missing an artifact like a Laptop or Computer indicating specific Software (e.g. ERP, PLM, PDM, CAD, CAM, MES, PPS, … ) or other Technology being used in a specific process Phase, to better explain the process.

Please note, I am not a programmer, but a user who wants to model existing processes to discuss them and look for improvements, workflow automation of specific parts of a process for the manufacturing Industry.

Are there any artifacts available in camunda, easily useable for non-programmers? Any help is welcome.

Regards Freddy

The symbols that you see in Modeler are part of an industry standard set of symbols collectively known as BPMN 2.0. To the best of my knowledge, there is no easy way to change them or include additional symbols.

It is technically possible to do so, but it would require modifications to Modeler.

Here is documentation on those symbols: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.9/reference/bpmn20/

1 Like