Adding new tables

Hello,

My question might seem a bit silly but I couldn’t find an answer anywhere…
The question is : Can I add custom tables with the existing Camunda tables and access them the same way I access Camunda tables ?

Thank you.

@Touna, you can create your own custom tables. But built-in camunda api’s doesn’t have knowledge of your custom tables. So you have to handle it by your own by either writing custom api and registering the resources to JerseyConfig(only api classes) or you can access it via java delegate by using jdbc template or ORM framework.

@aravindhrs, thank you for your answer. I just wanted to know if Camunda tables and my custom tables can coexist in the same database. I needn’t make a relation between Camunda’s tables and mine… I just need to add some tables in the same database. I already did that, the problem is that I can access their content but I can’t post data into them.

yes. you can have your own custom tables and camunda tables in same database schema. It won’t be a problem.

how are you accessing the custom tables?

@aravindhrs, I have a Spring Boot RESTful API with PostgreSQL database.

I have an entity called Candidate, the new table is “candidates”. When I call the GET method it returns the list of candidates. The post request, however, doesn’t work and results in an Internal Server Error.

Same example(without Camunda), created in another project running on another database works fine. So I thought the problem is with Camunda and not PostgreSQL.

The problem is that the path to my api got caught in the registerFilter. I just needed to change the path. A more detailed explanation can be found here.