Activiti diagram in Camunda

Hi,
I’m trying to migrate my activiti-diagrams from activiti to Camunda (7.10).
Actually I havent migrated the diagram yet, only delegates, listeners and JUnit-tests. After a few successful migrations I’m now stuck on this error: ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process. Errors:

• Invalid source ‘kompletteringUtgangenBoundaryTimer’ of sequence flow ‘kompletteringUtgangenBoundaryTimerFlowOut’ | diagrams/InvantaKomplettering.bpmn | line 21 | column 145

21:

and further down i have:

${kompletteringstidFormatted}

so the source ref is defined in the diagram and I have no clue why Camunda is complaining about this diagram.
Any ideas how to identify the actual problem?

Hi @pod,

can you share your bpmn-diagram?

Thanks for response. Here’s the entire diagram:

InvantaKomplettering.bpmn (22.7 KB)

Didnt work, trying again as attachment.

Hi @pod,

the bpmn-file of your process contains a lot of specific “activiti” extensions. If you really want to migrate to camunda and execute those processes you should maybe consider to remodel the process in the camunda modeler. This modeler adds the right xml-elements to the process file and there everything can be configured properly to be executed with the camunda engine.

As far as I know there is no real tool that can automatically migrate the process file so that they can be used properly in camunda.

Regards
Michael

1 Like

Hi @MichiDahm,

Rewriting all processes isn’t really a migration. I’ve realised that we will have to remodel all processes to be able to work with them in the Camunda modeler, not mentioned in the migration guide, but it says that Camunda is able to run activiti-processes.

My problem here is that we have 100k+ instances running in activiti and if we can’t make them work in Camunda there will sadly be no migration for us.

Regards
Daniel

Hi @pod

if you want further help for your migration problem, I guess @Niall or @Ingo_Richtsmeier can help you ot.

When migrating the process definitions, we’ve often found that it’s better to model them again, as @MichiDahm said (it seems to take longer trying to tinker with the XML). You would only really need to keep the element ID’s the same.

Migrating the running instances can actually be a lot easier (depending on the version of activiti you’re migrating from) because it’s just a matter of running scripts on the Activiti DB to get it up-to-date.

1 Like