Accessing Process instances information from locally deployed Camunda Engine

I have deployed Camunda EE engine on my local by starting start-camunda.bat.
I deployed by Model and created some instances.

Is it possible to see this information on http://localhost:8094/h2/h2/login.do?jsessionid= ?
Or any other way to access this data.

The reason I want to access the Process Instance data is I want to check how does Camunda store it in DB, basically want to check the Schema Camunda follows.

Hi @Anuj28282828,

if you want to know more about the db schema of Camunda you can also have a look at this page in the docs. Every table is displayed there: Database.

Regards
Michael

Thanks much for your reply, Michael. But the issue is there is nothing mentioned about accessing that data using a Camunda UI or in-built UI or something.

I can definitely write code to get that data out but was just wondering if there is something internal already available for the same?

@Anuj28282828

Yeah there are already functions provided by Camunda to read the stored data.

The easiest way to access the process-information is by using the REST-API. This API provides methods to query nearly everything you need.

On top of that you can also use the Java-API to access the process information. You can use the Java-API in your own Java-Code. An easy example can be found here.

Regards
Michael

thanks a lot again Michael but I was more of looking like a UI something similar to that of in-built H2 UI which comes along when Camunda Engine gets deployed.

Hi @Anuj28282828,

Is this only a test environment and test purposes? If it’s not the case, please consider switching to some other db (different that h2). In case it’s only for exploring you can try a tool like DBeaver.
For h2 you will need to enable AUTO_SERVER parameter in the database url setup similar to:
url="jdbc:h2:./camunda-h2-dbs/process-engine;MVCC=TRUE;TRACE_LEVEL_FILE=0;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE"

Best regards,
Yana

Thanks a lot Yana, this really helps a lot! I am facing some issues with the H2 driver but that should be fine and resolvable.